Saturday, September 28, 2013

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas! : Festive Friday!

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas! : Festive Friday!


I was very busy last night and today hosting my Mom's
70th birthday party in Suquamish.
It went so wonderfully!
[though lots of work!]

Well, I have a quick card this evening before I drop!

I adore the Festive Friday Blog, no secret here.
I have to play!  
A TWO week inspiration challenge, what is NOT to love?
JOIN IN!
 You will be amazed that you will make truly one of a kind
cards for your family and friends.
Before you know it you will be perusing through your Christmas Card stack, hand selecting each 
"just perfect"
 card to the special person that your are gifting it to, 
and smiling the entire time!

I have this neat Balzer Designs star stencil I have been wanting
 to do a Christmas "frosted" card with.
I wanted the feel of FROST, just like when Conrad and I "frost" the windows with snowflakes.
I embossed the edges a little haphazardly to achieve this effect.
Using white Colorbox Ink I sponged the inside of the stencil with more pressure, 
easing up to the edges.

I hope this reminds you of decorated windows for the Holidays!
Enjoy!
Supplies: 
Ali Edwards Sentiment
Balzer Designs Bits Mask Script Star ($4.00)
Versamagic Dazzle Frost Embossing Ink
Colorbox White Ink
Recollections Snow Embossing powder

---------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIAL THANKS!!!
Thanks Nessa!!!
 She specially crafted a wonderful
ocean blues and greens lovely bracelet for
my Mom's birthday present!!

When I saw her post (here) on Memory Wire Bracelets, 
I KNEW this was the perfect gift for my mom!
So I ordered one, and I am so glad!!!

She LOVES it!!
Thanks again Nessa, you are a Goddess!


Posting to:  Festive Friday FFC#18


Anonymous said...

Oh Kimberley-That has made my day! What a beautiful photograph-I am so happy that your Mom liked her bracelet,really pleased :)
Thank you for the lovely shout out too my friend xx
Have a fabulous day-relax,you deserve it!
Oh,another gorgeous card of yours-I love that frost window effect too!
Nessa xxx

Ardyth said...

This is so graphic and cool - what a great look! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday, Kim!

~amy~ said...

Your card is wonderful...love the deep saturated color. excellent

Glad that the party went fabulously...the bracelet is gorgeous!

Geri said...

Cool, COOL card, Kimberly!!! LOVE it!!! Great to see you back once again!!!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, it looks so neat! You always have the most creative designs, Kim! Thanks for sharing again this week, and thank you so much for all your enthusiasm for our challenge!

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.