Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mini Albums - Kauai

Some mini album pages. Inspiration is partly by Nick Bantock (the Griffin & Sabine Series of books) and findings from 7 Gypsies and Tim Holtz, combined with vintage steam punk trends that have come back.

I have alot of styles to chose from that I have when I scrapbook, this one is my personal favorite. I take all the papers I love and sprinkle with vintage image rub on transfers and anything else that I fancy.

Stack of Mini Albums:

The Kauai Mini:
Aerial view of the Napali Coast.

Statue at the hidden beach of the princess at Allerton Gardens

The beach where if you are standing here and turn slightly left, you see the dock across the bay.

The fruit bowl made of pineapple that I nibbled on as we called our parents to tell them we were engaged. The first and last time I have ordered a Blue Hawaiian drink..

Close up.

Aye Matey, doesn't he look like a pirate!

We went to the Lei Day celebration May 1st. "May Day"
It was a beautiful traditional display of lei's and decorated hats. It was so awesome.

Hidden view of hidden beach

Every morning we ate at the Olympic Cafe. The coffee was delish and the special of the day was Macadamia Pancakes.

Scott taking a shot at Glass beach. Glass beach is a little out of the way beach that is around the cove from where a glass factory used to toss it's rejects into the bay to crash and be tossed around until they are small round pebbles that sparkle like diamonds at sunset. You really have to see this to believe it.

The Plumeria bushes in the parking area at the restaurant where we called our parents to tell them about being engaged.

In the copter above the scenic island.

It was a blast!
BrittanyLane said...

These are AWESOME! I can't wait to scrapbook again... someday. *sigh*

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.